WARNING

Level 6 Clearance required to read the contents of this website. Serious and possibly fatal consequences follow any and all unauthorized access. Thank you.


Green = Kayla's Perspective

Blue= Jordan's Perspective

Purple = Maddie's Perspective



Working on it...

Unfortunately, Google just isn't as high-tech as the Gallagher Academy's newest Super-Computer. Because of this, we ask that you please ignore the dates on top of each edition.
Thanks!

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Edition Five



Maddie:

We all fell into step behind her but Sophie and Jordan kept back a little farther for a quick slip away. When we finally got to the guys they greeted us with big smiles.
“Hi.” Kayla gave a small smile, pulling one if my moves by cocking her hip and putting her hand on it. Kayla was the closest to the guys, I was next to her, and Jordan and Sophie were right behind us. Positions locked. So far so good.
"Hey," the guy with the dark brown hair said. It bothered me that I knew I had seen his face somewhere, but that I couldn't quite place him, same for his friend. "What's your name?" he asked.
"Jenny, but you can call me Jen if you want," she lied smoothly. She took a tiny step forward and looked up at him, "And yours?"
"Jacob, but you can call me Jake if you want," He mocked. With this he winked- yes, actual winkage. I have to admit, Kayla's good. To meet a guy less than fifteen seconds ago (14.8 seconds ago to be exact) and already have him wink at you is pure talent.
Kayla giggled- not the silly-school-girl type, but just enough to be perfect. "And your friend?" she asked, looking toward the other boy. Both of them were our age for sure, if not a year older.
"I'm Matt," he said with a small nod. He wasn't even looking at Kayla, but he was looking at me. I suddenly felt self-conscious on how I looked and if my hair was messed up or if my breath smelled bad. Again, I was overcome by the feeling that I already knew Matt and Jake... But from where? Honestly it freaked me out not remembering; things like that had been coming and going throughout the summer- feeling like I should be remembering stuff but can't put my finger on what it was.
The bathroom doors opened, and I knew that Jordan and Sophie pretended to go looking around. Instead, they would covertly creep their way into the bathroom. Kayla was doing an awesome job distracting the boys, she was laughing, flipping her hair, and she had a- I can't describe it as anything else- seductive smile on her face. "So you two go to school here?" asked Kayla to the boys.
I decided that this was the perfect time to slip away also, I couldn't stand looking at the two boys any longer- my head would blow up from the frustration working its way in there. I stayed in earshot, but out of sight. I was pretending to examine some vintage dresses that towered above me- I was right around the corner from where Kayla and the two boys stood.
"No, we're visiting family here," Matt replied.
"So you two are related?" Kayla asked.
"No," Jake said. "But we are as close as you can get to brothers."
"Yeah, Morgan and I are too" Kayla stopped, seeing my face.
“I’m gonna go be elsewhere.” I said simply turning on my heels and walking away. Kayla watched me walk away with a confused expression on her face. When I heard a soft laugh from one of the guys, I peeked into the mirror on the wall to see the blonde guy Matt looking right at me and laughing. I raised an eyebrow, cocked a hip and disappeared into the clothing racks.” Wow, I’ve been ditched” Kayla  
"We're still here," Jake said.
I could see Kayla's smile. "Correct you are." Again, she used that flirty tone.
"So you need me to walk you somewhere? Considering your friends left?" I heard Jake ask. I noticed that he said 'me' not 'us', indicating that it would just be him and her. For some reason, I didn’t like it. I didn’t like the fact that him and her were flirting back and forth. I didn’t really know why it bothered to me... but it just did. Trying to think of something else, to occupy my mind, I looked at a dress with white lace on it. "You know, for protection," Jake explained. I silently laughed to myself and was embarrassed for him; he was the one who would probably need the protection. Kayla didn't, because she could take that boy the ground with just her purse in less than a full second with only one move.
I snuck a glance around the corner and saw Jordan and Sophie rounding the corner of a bookshelf, heading towards the front of the store. Of course, Kayla saw this and knew the mission- a very silly one, but still a mission- was successful. She ran her fingers through her hair and said, "Thanks for the offer, but I'm pretty sure I can handle a walk to the door."
"I don't know," Jake started with sarcasm. "It's a pretty dangerous road from here to there."
Kayla eyed him up and down, and I knew she had smiled. "I think I'll take my chances." With that, she strutted to the front of the store and stopped in front of the door. She turned, gave a smile to Jake and winked, then slowly made her way out. It was perfect how she choreographed that smooth exit. I laugh at the fact that she thinks that she’s good at honeypot due to luck! Not a chance, Kayla, not a chance.
I don’t know why I stayed in the store but I couldn’t get myself to leave, something about those guys was bugging me. I heard someone clear their throat behind me, I jumped and whipped around (weird I didn’t scream). Matt was standing there looking at me with startling bright green eyes that I hadn’t noticed before.
“So why’d you leave exactly?” He slowly said, a teasing smile dancing on his lips.
“I told you, to go be elsewhere.” I said simply, looking straight into his eyes. Something I was good at acting confident, something I was bad at (at the moment) being confident. He laughed and shook his head backing away from my gaze.
“Yeah I guess you did say that.” He laughed, he met my eyes again, but this time his look was different. Like my eyes were a book he was reading. I tilted my head to the right questioning him innocently; I felt my eyes turn their dark brown color.
“Why exactly are you confused?” He asked suddenly, making me blink with surprise. My eyes narrowed I looked him over as a threat, not as a regular person.
He was bigger than me, weighed more than me, and those muscles wouldn’t help, but I think I could’ve taken him. But weirdly I didn’t feel like I needed to, like he wasn’t a threat.
“I don’t know if you could take me, Maddie.” The guy snickered, still watching me with those green eyes, waiting for my reaction. I felt my eyes turn a dark gray.
“Who are you.” I demanded, not asked, demanded. I felt my eyebrow raise, my lips purse, and my hip cocked. Seemingly an annoyed girl stance but it was really easy to fight starting from there.
“Don’t be scared.” He said stepping towards me, I quickly stepped back so we were still the same distance apart.
“Another step and I yell for my friends, I have a feeling you know how dangerous that could be.” I threatened.
“You don’t remember me.” He stated taking a step back. My mind started racing, I seemed to be forgetting so much, but nothing at the same time! Grrrrrrr. What was going on?
“I should?” I asked feeling my curiosity rise.
“No.” He said sullenly. “You shouldn’t.” He said backing away, a hurt look on his face. My instincts told me to step forward and comfort, but I stayed still, and watched him walk away. When he had almost disappeared he turned to me one last time shook his head and ran as fast as he could out the side door ‘Jake’ followed closely behind him, but walking. Of course not before he looked me up and down, shook his head, just like ‘Matt’. I think I’m gonna kill the next person who does that.

Still in somewhat of a daze, I made my way toward Kayla, Jordan, and Sophie outside the door of the store. They were laughing hysterically, and about three people shot weird glances their way, but they ignored them and continued to talk rapidly.
“Oh my gosh, you did so well, Kay!” Jordan whisper-shouted in case the guys were near.
“Yeah, you really had me worried for a second because you didn’t really want to talk to them, but, girl, you had me fooled!” Sophie whisper-shouted along with Jordan.
“Thanks!” Kayla laughed. “And that dark-haired one was really cute,” she said. “At least it wasn’t a bunch of geeks or something.”
Jordan laughed. “If they were, all you’d have to do is say ‘hi’, and they’d be all over you- thinking that you love them.” They all bust out laughing, and I would’ve too if my head wasn’t about to explode with confusion and frustration. I pulled my sunglasses on to cover my eyes- I couldn’t be given away this time.
Kayla, Jordan, and Sophie went on like this for a minute or so- I completely tuned them out, too much was going through my head. Well, I tried to tune them out until Kayla disrupted my train of thought by asking, “Maddie, you okay?”






No comments:

Post a Comment