WARNING

Level 6 Clearance required to read the contents of this website. Serious and possibly fatal consequences follow any and all unauthorized access. Thank you.


Green = Kayla's Perspective

Blue= Jordan's Perspective

Purple = Maddie's Perspective



Working on it...

Unfortunately, Google just isn't as high-tech as the Gallagher Academy's newest Super-Computer. Because of this, we ask that you please ignore the dates on top of each edition.
Thanks!

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Edition Eleven

                Food! Finally food! We looked for Maddie for so freaking long that I swear I could’ve dropped dead there. Okay, okay, we looked for like twenty minutes. But still! It was long enough for me to be late for my next class AND to get a lot hungrier. Anyway, here we were in the Great Hall waiting for dinner to come out and I for one was gonna punch Maddie in the face the next time she tried to run away.
                “Jordan!” Kayla laughed next to me. I looked at her confused. “I just heard your stomach growl!” She laughed. I rolled my eyes at her, and she stuck her tongue out at me in return.
                “Hey.” An out of breath voice said beside me. I turned to see Maddie, casually walk up to our table. Although her casual walk looked effortless, I could tell that she had been running- I don’t know from who or what, but I knew that she had been running.
                “Hi,” Sophie said to her, trying to analyze Maddie’s situation.
                “Nice of you to show up,” I said, my voice was dripping with sarcasm.
                “Ease up, Joze, she sounds like she just ran five marathons,” Kayla said in between bites of her mashed potatoes.
                “She made me hungry!” I fake-yelled. As if to prove my point, I shoved a piece of steak in my mouth and chewed violently.
                “Since when have you had a problem with eating?” Maddie laughed then sat down next to me.
                I thought about this for a moment then said (with my mouth still full of steak), “Good point.” The four of us laughed.
                “Ladies, could I have your attention, please?” Ms. McHenry was mounted behind the podium at the front of the Grand Hall, quieting all of us down. “The junior Covert Operations class will be going on a field trip tonight. Meet at the entrance of the academy in casual clothes at precisely seven PM tonight. Thank you and enjoy your meal, Ladies.” Ms. McHenry then walked off to join the other academy teacher at the head table.
                I could practically feel the excited vibe going through us juniors the second she said ‘field trip’. It was quite hysterical, if I say so myself. Maddie’s eyebrows were raised, Kayla’s lips started to curve up in a smile, Sophie’s face looked petrified, and I’m sure that my face had the evilest look on it. I don’t know why, but whenever something like this is announced, I always think about all the things that I could do while there; like drug ‘innocent’ guys who try to flirt with me (I always carry around extra drugs in case of an emergency), mess with girls who try to look cool but just look ridiculous, even try to make Sophie even more nervous than she already is with horror stories that my mom use to tell me about when she was on missions (okay, I may have tweaked some of them to make them a little more scary... but just a little). Long story short, field trips are my kind of thing.
                In what seemed like FOREVER, but was only forty eight minutes, the junior CoveOps class was waiting at the front entrance of the Gallagher academy, piling into a black van. I can’t say that it was comfortable, because we were all jam packed into the back of the van so badly that my body was squished so that I could barely breath and my boot was shoved into Maddie’s face.
                “Move the boot, Baxter,” she said to me.
                “Deal with it,” I said back.
                “I’m gonna punch you,” Maddie said.
                “I’m gonna punch you back harder then throw you off a cliff,” I threatened.
                “I’m gonna punch you back harder than I’ve ever punched anyone before, throw you off a cliff, then drop rocks on you to make sure you’re dead,” responded Maddie.
                I replied with, “I’m gonna punch you harder than twenty spies combined, throw you off a cliff, drop rocks on you to make sure you’re dead, then run you over with a bulldozer- without a proper burial.” This was usually a game that Maddie and I played (which I won pretty much every time): we would keep adding on till one of us cracked from our “serious” face, or one of us couldn’t come up with anything.
                Maddie laughed, giving up her serious facade (and losing the game... again!), and said, “Fair enough.” then pushed my foot aside. I laughed along with her and my two other roommates.
                “Alright, Ladies,” Mr. Taylor said, interrupting our fit of giggles- we had the whole van laughing by now except for Mr. Taylor and the teacher driving (who I think was Professor Weise- she couldn’t drive to save her life! I mean, seriously, I was clutching onto whatever I couldn’t o keep from puking! Maybe I shouldn’t have had that second steak...). We all quieted down and waited for Mr. Taylor to explain what we would be doing on our field trip.
                “Roseville is having a pre-school festival, celebrating the beginning of fall,” he started. Gallagher starts a week before regular school starts, and Roseville’s celebration of fall starting was directly a week before school started for the Roseville kids. “We will be going there. However, this isn’t an ordinary stroll in the park, Ladies. I have a few friends that will be constantly changing their appearance. It will be your job to count how many people there are, how many times they change, and memorize what they are wearing. You may go in however many people you want, but just remember that the more of you together, the easier it is to spot. Here are your comms.” Mr. Taylor each gave us a comm unit and just as we all were set up, the van came to a stop.
                “No more than two at a time,” Mr. Taylor said.
                I grabbed Sophie’s arm and, before she could resist, pulled her and I out of the back of the van.
                “Oh, and one more thing, ladies,” I heard Mr. Taylor’s voice in my comms unit as I stepped out into the busy street. “Be at the theater in one hour.”

1 comment: