WARNING

Level 6 Clearance required to read the contents of this website. Serious and possibly fatal consequences follow any and all unauthorized access. Thank you.


Green = Kayla's Perspective

Blue= Jordan's Perspective

Purple = Maddie's Perspective



Working on it...

Unfortunately, Google just isn't as high-tech as the Gallagher Academy's newest Super-Computer. Because of this, we ask that you please ignore the dates on top of each edition.
Thanks!

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Edition Twelve

I appologize, I'm kinda lazy so I didn't edit this, please forgive the mistakes and make sure to comment!!!
As I roamed the streets of Roseville with Kayla by my side, I felt a small memory tug at me. It was more of a deja vu moment. I felt like I had already done some kind of variation of this when I was younger. I remembered that Andy was my dad, and that Conner was my brother. But I just couldn’t remember what happened before that. I didn’t have any childhood memories- well, I had flashbacks but they weren’t very long. I only had glimpses of people or a place, but nothing much...
            This situation felt familiar though, like I had already been taught this. I remembered Andy- an Andy that was a few years younger than he was now- telling me to watch for the one who was constantly changing and to follow him, see what he was up to-
            “Maddie!” Kayla interrupted my thoughts and snapped her fingers in front of my face.
            “What?” I asked.
            Kayla held up a necklace and said, “Don’t you think this necklace would be perfect if it were in red?” This was a cut out (a phrase that one operative uses with another operative that means something totally different than what it sounds like). In this case, ‘this necklace’ represented the subject (whom we haven’t found yet) and the color red represents the number 1 on the clock. Translation of what she said: “The subject is at my 1 o clock.”
            I looked at Kayla’s one o clock and saw a middle aged man that had on a jogging suit. I already saw this guy ten minutes ago in a blue t-shirt and jeans. Target one, spotted.
            “Yeah,” I said to Kayla. “Red is just the right color for that.”
            “Well, we should move on, we don’t wanna keep everyone waiting,” Kayla said. Hinting at me that we need to look for our next targets.
            But something made me stay at that kiosk. Although I question that something now, seeing how as Kayla walked away, two arms grabbed me from behind and dragged me away.
            ********
            I did my best to get away. You can believe me on that part. I fought like a crazy lady. I tried every forbidden move in the book, but whoever had me blocked them easily.
Then when he tried to get me down an alley, I tried some moves that weren’t necessarily in the book. Only on my last, most desperate move, did he fall to he ground. I whipped around and had him pinned before he had a chance to say, Whoa.
            “Okay, I need a name and a reason you’re here. Fast.” I hissed. It was really dark, I couldn’t make out him out yet, it was to dark (though I knew it was a guy from the way he was built, let just say figure).
            “Conner Taylor, looking for my twin sister Maddie. You haven’t seen her have you?” Answered a mocking tone. I loosened my grip a little and remained silent until my eyes adjusted to the light.
            It was Conner, same dark hair as mine, same kinda pale skin. But his green eyes were different. But still it was creepy how similar we looked. I loosened my grip all the way and sat up.
            Then we had one of those awkward silences I hate, where something needs to be said but no one will say it. I hate them because I’m normally pretty good at saying whats on my mind.
            “I have actually.” I said finally. He looked at me confused. “Seen her that is.” I laughed. He smiled at me widely and all the awkwardness melted away. He stood up and gave me a breathtaking (literally) hug.
            “So you do remember?” He asked excitedly. I shrugged my shoulders, nonchalantly. I didn’t even know if I remembered. I felt like I was living someone else’s life, learning my story as I went along. His smiled widened, but didn’t make it to his eyes. “I missed you.” He said quietly, looking at the ground. I could tell that wasn’t an easy thing to say.
            “I missed you too.” I replied carefully. As soon as I said it I knew it was true. This time the smile reached his eyes. My mind was spinning, yeah I remembered him, I knew he was my brother, and I loved him, but I had no big memories. And for the life of me I couldn’t remember why I hadn’t remembered him. I knew I would stop him from smiling but I had to get something out there.
            “Conner, I’m sorry I-” I started, pushing the words out quickly. He held up his hand.
            “Don’t apologize for things you’re not sorry for.” Conner cut in. His words sounded rehearsed and bored, but I knew them from somewhere.
            “Rule number five.” I mumbled. Conner looked at me surprised. “Stay together no matter what, everything’s better together. Rule number one.” I recited, watching the pain rush into his eyes. my comms unit was a buzz with Kayla, Jordan, and Sophie calling my name.
            “Conner I’m so sorry.” I said slowly.
            “Maddie I don’t wanna-” He started sighing.
            “No. Conner I hurt you. I can tell and it was because me leaving or something. I’m sorry for hurting you.” I cut in. He looked like he wanted to object but then his face turned back to a  smile. I felt like I had my entire life was on the tip of tongue, but wouldn’t come out. I didn’t know much but I knew I couldn’t let him get hurt, and that I'd hurt him once before.
            My ear was ringing with the sound of Kayla, Jordan, and Sophie calling for me. I guess I made a face, because Conner sighed and helped me stand.
            “They panicking now?” He asked, laughing a light airy laugh. “I guess that’s good, if they weren’t by now I'd be a little concerned.” He finished.
            “I should get you back.” Conner sighed, his smile once again vanishing.
            “Wait, I don’t want to leave you again.” I said stupidly.
            “I know Madironi, but you need to get back. They’ll be here in about, oh I don’t know fifteen seconds?” Conner sighed.
            “I’ll see you soon though right?” I asked quickly listening for the sounds of my roommates footsteps.
            “Well I can try.” Conner sighed, looking down the alley. I finally heard my roommates footsteps.
            “No.” I demanded. “We will see each other soon.” I stated simply. He looked at me confused, and then ran down the alley. I sighed, rumbled my hair, and walked out to meet my roommates. “Accidentally” dropping my com on my way. Oops. But then I picked it back up, pretending like that’s why nobody could reach me- at least I had an excuse and didn’t have to lie to my best friends and dad. Well, at least not lie completely.
            I had an idea. A devious (is there any other kind?), manipulating, and overall crazy idea. I had no memory. I wanted it back. There were two people who could give me some, but refused to. So I wanted them both, in the same place, at the same time, for a longer period of time. To maybe get a little bit of my memories back. I was going to go to where Conner belonged. The place where they teach guys how to block all of our moves, where they train guys to equal our abilities. I was going to Blackthorne. Whether they liked it or not. 

2 comments: